Full Job Description
Position: Business Development Officer – Business Banking | Division: Business Banking
Work Days: Mon – Fri | Work Hours: 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM*
Purpose of the Position: *
Responsible for recruiting and marketing to attract all lines of business to include qualified Business, and Commercial banking clients. This will be accomplished by using an aggressive calling and marketing program. Cultivates existing and prospective clients into other areas of the bank by using partners in the Hill Country Region and other areas. Supports the Regional
President by representing the region at external bank events.
- Initiates and cultivates new loan and deposit relationships for the bank through active marketing efforts including calls, visits, and community involvement. Refers prospects to appropriate internal and external business resources.
- Interviews clients to collect financial and credit information, defines banking needs, assesses management abilities, analyzes financial strength, and determines credit risk.
- Participates actively in business development activities, community involvement projects, and banking organizations.
Competencies and Skills: *
- Business Development Activity.
- Ability to obtain new high quality Banking relationships.
- Strong internal referral skills.
- Portfolio Management.
- Net contribution to the division and projected annual budget.
Work Experience Requirements:
- 5+ years direct sales/marketing experience in a financial services organization that includes servicing existing clients, prospecting new clients, and loan documentation experience.
- 1-2 years business or commercial lending experience.
- Knowledge of commercial lending and deposit products as well as dealing with high net worth individuals.
- Excellent communication skills.
- 2-3 years business development experience in Business or Commercial Banking environment preferred.
- 4 year College Degree or some college hours with equivalent experience required.
- MBA preferred.
- Formal sales training preferred.
- Formal credit analysis training preferred.